Updated for 2009! Whether you're heading off on a European backpacking trip or simply looking for a backpacking/luggage hybrid, the Deuter Quantum 55+10 is ready to accompany you on your next trip. A product of Deuter's German engineering and extensive field-testing, the sturdy Quantum 55+10 and its nearly 4000 cubic inch capacity can stand up to the rigorous demands of modern travel and life on the trail.
With a standard capacity of 3350 cubic inches, increasing to 3950 cubic inches with the use of an extendible spindrift collar, the Quantum 55+10 provides plenty of storage space for your next travel adventure. The large main compartment of the Quantum 55+10 offers top-loading and front panel access. A zippered divider between the main compartment and a lower, front entry compartment allows for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. When packing longer items or in need of access between the two compartments, you can unzip the divider and convert the Quantum 55+10 to a single, large compartment. The Quantum 55+10’s lid houses another pocket and a small zippered pocket on the hipbelt provides an additional place to stow valuables.
A large front pocket provides further storage and can be removed entirely for use as an 1100 cu in day pack. Integrated shoulder straps make this zip-off pack comfortable and efficient to carry and the same buckles used to attach the pack to the front of the Quantum 55+10 allow it to double as a large front security pocket when clipped to your shoulder straps! This helps you to keep a close eye on important documents, money or other valuables.
Other special features of the Quantum 55+10 include gear attachment rings, elastic side pockets, a daisy chain attachment system and an integrated transport cover that fully encloses the Quantum 55+10 for travel by air or rail and doubles as a rain cover for protecting your pack against the elements. A lined internal pocket makes the Quantum 55+10 hydration compatible.
Made of an extremely durable polyester fabric with a weather-resistant PU coating, the Quantum 55+10 has an Anthracite/Flint color scheme.
- Vari-Quick Adjustable Shoulder Harness
- Internal Stays for Heavy Load Support
- Integrated, Detachable Transport/Rain Cover
- Rain Cover Converts to Transport Duffel for Protection During TravelLoad-bearing aluminum frame and anatomically formed hipbelt to make carrying heavy loads comfortable
- Dual access main compartment: through the lid or via the u-shaped zip at the front
- Sleek, quickly buckled on or off daypack can be expanded with EXP zippered bellows for longer day trips
- Lid compartment
- Separate bottom compartment
- Three grab handles
- Detachable, Expandable Daypack for Side-trips
- Side Water Bottle Pockets
- Hip Belt Pocket
- Top/Lid, Bottom, and Large Front Panel Access
- Divided Main Compartment with Zip Liner
- Contoured, Padded Shoulder Straps with 3D AirMesh
- Carrying Capacity = 55 lbs.
Style: 35169. Volume: 3350-3950 cubic inches, Torso: 14.5 - 21in inches, Weight: 6 lbs. 1 oz.
Dimensions (HxWxD): 31 x 12.5 x 8.5-13.5(dypk) inches
System: Vari-Quick, Materials: Ripstop-Polytex / Duratex
Top Loading w/ Front Panel & Bottom Compartment
Yes (1100 cu in)
Yes; Adjustable Position
Integrated Transport/Rain Cover